The Galaxy Z Flip 4 is a foldable phone with a “flex mode,” where the cover screen can either display information on the front or join the inside screen to offer a larger display area.
Similar to other Samsung options, like the Galaxy Z Fold 3, and competitors, such as the Motorola Razr, the foldable aesthetic accounts for much of the device’s appeal. Notifications and even some apps can all be interacted with on that screen.
However, the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 has several significant improvements over its predecessor, the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3, which you can trade in for the newer model.
Galaxy Z Flip 4 Specs and Features
It features a 6.7-inch FHD Super AMOLED inner display with 2460 x 1080 P resolution. The outer display is 1.9 inches and has a 260 x 512 P resolution.
That's not amazing, but it's good enough for seeing incoming messages and app updates, which is what it's intended for.
The phone is available with three storage options: 128 GB, 256 GB, and 512 GB, depending on your price limitations or preferences. Each phone version comes with Android 12 and OneUI 4.1 software, plus 8 GB of RAM and an excellent processor.
The Galaxy Z Flip 4 is durable, featuring IPX8 water-resistance and Gorilla Glass screens. It’s comparable in durability to Apple iPhones and Google Pixel phones, and you can get it in various colors, such as Pink Gold, Bora Purple, and Graphite.
The Galaxy Z Flip 4 also comes with a charger, and it can charge with 25 W wired charging devices or 5 W wireless spots. Wireless charging is faster than other phones and devices, such as the Galaxy Watch or Galaxy S22.
Thanks to its flippable design, it’s a pretty good size, measuring 2.8 x 6.5 x 0.27” when fully unfolded. It only weighs 6.5 ounces, so it’s not too heavy in your pocket or your hand. Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and LTE connectivity options are available.
The Galaxy Z Flip 4’s rear cameras get the job done, even if they aren't the best on the market. These include a 12-megapixel main camera with a telephoto lens, a 12-megapixel ultra-wide camera, and a 10-megapixel selfie camera on the inside.
Battery life clocks in at about 8 ½ hours when using the adaptive battery setting, though you can push this to nearly 9 hours if you limit your screen's refresh rate to 60 Hz instead of 120 Hz.
Additionally, with super fast charging and a USB Type-C charging port, you won’t have to wait long to juice your device entirely. Low light, quick shot, and other settings are available for photo-taking fans.
The Flip 4 is a versatile, practical flip phone that brings back a lot of the functionality and convenience of older handsets. However, the crease is still present, and you might find it distracting enough to put off this technology for the time being.
In our opinion, the Galaxy Z Flip 4 is a notable improvement over the Galaxy Z Flip3 5G and a clear sign that Samsung is moving in the right direction for this product line.
What Are Some Galaxy Z Flip 4 Pros and Cons?
The Galaxy Z Flip 4's benefits and potential downsides can make or break this phone for you or a loved one. Fortunately, there's more to like about this phone than to dislike. The Galaxy Z Flip 4’s many advantages include the following:
- The Galaxy Z Flip 4 is the same price as its predecessor: $999. While it is expensive, the price does help to distinguish this phone from other modern handsets, which often are well over $1000 or more when you factor in the cost of purchasing separate chargers, pens, Galaxy Buds, or other accessories.
- The Galaxy Z Flip 4 is also beneficial because it features a much better battery life than its predecessor. For comparison, the Z Flip 3 struggled to maintain six hours of battery life. In contrast, the Galaxy Z Flip 4 can usually last for nine hours or so once fully charged. It’s not the best battery life on the market, but it is a significant longevity upgrade.
- The Galaxy Z Flip 4 is much more durable than last year’s model. It’s waterproof, resistant to drops, and generally a rugged device from start to finish, making it an excellent long-term investment.
- Then there’s the Galaxy Z Flip 4’s performance, which has improved over its predecessor. Thanks to the Snapdragon 8 Plus Gen 1 CPU and 8 GB of RAM baked into the phone, it can handle multitasking, modern games, apps, and streaming quite capably, even when splitting tasks between its flippable screens.
As far as downsides go, there are some to keep in mind:
- The Galaxy Z Flip 4 focused less on improving its cameras than its other elements. As a result, the camera suite for this phone could be better compared to other modern mobile phones.
- The Galaxy Z Flip 4’s display crease is, of course, very noticeable and prominent. It’s unclear whether Samsung will ever be able to remove this aspect, though.
What Is the Galaxy Z Flip 4 Pricing?
The Galaxy Z Flip 4 starts at $999.99. However, you can pay a little extra to get 256 GB of storage space instead of 128 GB, paying $1059. Or you can pay $1179 for the 512 GB Galaxy Z Flip 4, depending on your storage needs.
Notably, the Galaxy Z Flip 4 is the same price as the Z Flip 3 last year, making it clear that Samsung wants to attract fans who weren’t entirely swayed by the Z Flip 3’s features.
What Is the Galaxy Z Flip 4 Release Date?
The Galaxy Z Flip 4 was released on August 26, 2022, alongside the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4. Because of this, many immediate new phone buyers need help choosing between the handsets.
Find the Best Galaxy Z Flip 4 Deals With Navi
If this breakdown of the Galaxy Z Flip 4 has spoken to you, you may want to purchase one — or an iPhone device — sooner rather than later, particularly with Black Friday around the corner.
Fortunately, Navi can help you find the best Android phone deals by searching through over 3 million offers and highlighting deals tailored to your preferences and budget limitations.
Check out our Phone Navigator service today.
What is battery life? - Definition from WhatIs.com | Tech Target
What Is Refresh Rate and Why Is It Important? | Intel
What is Megapixel, Megapixel Definition, Megapixel News | Business Insider