Xfinity By The Gig plans are Xfinity Mobile's data-capped plans. Capped cell phone plans give you a set amount of data usage for each month and once you hit your monthly limit, you have to pay a fee to add more data. Xfinity Mobile By The Gig plans are best for users who don’t need unlimited mobile data and prefer a set amount of data each month.
Xfinity By The Gig plans include deprioritized data with amounts varying by plan. Although deprioritized data is subject to slowdowns during busy times on the network, reductions in data speed often go unnoticed by all but the heaviest of users.
A few important things to note about these capped plans:
- While Xfinity Mobile By The Gig plans allow you to use your phone as a hotspot, any hotspot usage counts toward your data limit.
- Xfinity Mobile phone plans at the listed price are only available for Xfinity Internet customers. Otherwise, be ready to pay a hefty surcharge per line, which can come close to doubling your monthly plan price in some cases.
- Xfinity By The Gig plans do not include taxes or fees in the advertised price.
1GB Xfinity Mobile By The Gig Plan
The 1GB Xfinity By The Gig plan is well suited for users looking to save money and mainly use their phone for unlimited talk and text, without much, if any, web browsing. The 1GB Xfinity By The Gig plan offers a small amount of deprioritized data per month.
3GB Xfinity Mobile By The Gig Plan
The 3GB Xfinity By The Gig plan is best for users who want to be able to occasionally surf the web or scroll social media, but don’t use their phones for video streaming or heavy internet usage. As its name suggests, the 3GB Xfinity By The Gig plan, includes a data allowance of 3GB of deprioritized data
10GB Xfinity Mobile By The Gig Plan
The 10GB Xfinity By The Gig plan offers users 10GB of deprioritized data. While this is Xfinity Mobile’s most expensive capped plan, it is also the best suited for users who want a data limit but also want to be able to engage in activities like web browsing and using their phone as a mobile hotspot.
Pros and Cons of the Xfinity By The Gig Plans
- Xfinity Mobile By The Gig plans are typically less expensive than unlimited plans
- Great for users who don’t mind having capped data usage
- By The Gig plans let you share data across multiple lines, making it a very affordable option for multi-line accounts that use very little data
- Once you’ve hit your data limit, you either have to pay for more or not use data for the rest of the month’s billing cycle
- Only available in areas with Xfinity Internet services, and require an Xfinity home Internet subscription to get the listed prices
Xfinity By The Gig Plans FAQs
Q: What Are Xfinity Mobile By The Gig Plans?
A: Xfinity By The Gig plans are capped data plans that give you a set amount of mobile data per month.
Q: Are Xfinity Mobile By The Gig Plans Worth It?
A: If you’re looking to save money and don’t need an unlimited phone plan, Xfinity By The Gig plans can be a good choice when picking a new plan.
Where By the Gig Plans Fit In the Xfinity Mobile Lineup
Xfinity Mobile By The Gig plans range in price depending on how many GB of deprioritized data they include. These capped plans sit separately from Xfinity Mobile’s unlimited data plans, Xfinity Mobile Unlimited Intro, Xfinity Mobile Unlimited Plus, and Xfinity Mobile Unlimited Premium.
The Bottom Line
While all the top wireless service providers offer a range of unlimited data plans, not all carriers offer capped plans like Xfinity By The Gig plans. With so many cell phone plans available, it can be difficult to make an informed choice. If you’d like plan recommendations in a matter of seconds, be sure to try our free, unbiased Plan Finder. We search thousands of plan features from all the top carriers including AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon, Spectrum Mobile, UScellular, and Xfinity Mobile to find the best deals on phone plans that meet your criteria.